Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Koi for you.





This is my team submission for this weeks challenge at Try Stampin' (or Not) on Tuesday.  The theme this week is to make an oval or round card.



For this card, I started with black card stock and I cut the two ovals using a large oval die.  I then cut two small rectangle pieces to make a hinge on the top (inside).

I cut the Koi using multiple pieces of cs (pink, salmon, black and yellow) with my cricut using the Art Nouveau cartridge.

The sentiment was stamped with a Hampton Arts rubber set using hot pink embossing powder.
I ran faux stitching around the edge with a hot pink gel pen.

The inside of the card I cut 2 ovals in the next size down in the die set to glue over the exposed hinges and for writing.
To my surprise, this card fits perfectly into an A2 envelope.




Thank you for stopping by.  I'm still on vacation, but I had these all ready to go for you.

Wishing you a fantastic day and thank you for stopping by!  Feel free to comment  - I would love to hear from you.


Dawn.

No comments: