Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Habiscus





        This card is for a great sketch on Try Stamping (or Not) on Tuesday with an optional theme of 'ANGLES'.  I have to admit, the black paper with the diagonal lines was driving me loopy.  The paper is from American Craft Paper.
         The center of the diagonal is a stamped image from a bargain box mounted find that I stamped randomly on white cs with Black StazOn.  I colored the flower petals with white crayon and then sponged Fired Brick ink over the piece where there is a color resist.  One of my favorite -- yet simple -- techniques.
      The black and white strip paper is from a holiday Valentine pad from American Craft that I had in my stuffs from a few years back.
         The sentiment was stamped with Fired Brick on white CS and clear embossing powder and then mounted with two metal daisy brads - that I absolutely forgot that I had a whole bunch of.
        All of this on a red card stock side fold base.


This is the sketch for this week






















I hope you have fun playing along with this challenge.




I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Stamping Royalty = your favorite technique (color resist)
Polkadoodles = ATG
Tuesday Throwdown = Thinking of you



Have a great day !!

Dawn

4 comments:

Jennifer Earley said...

Super cute card! Love the colors and the stamps! Glad you found some flower brads...nice finishing touch!

Terri Winske said...

What a great design and pretty flowers! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday a Throwdown Challenges!

Karon said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Georgeann Manning said...

Love your use of patterns!! Fun Card! Very universal! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!